Welcome to the 9th Global WordNet Conference (GWC 2018)!
This is an opportunity for researchers and developers to present and discuss their latest results on the development, enrichment and exploitation of wordnets for various languages around the world. This conference is hosted by the Computational Linguistics Lab at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and the Global WordNet Association.
Registration [↑ Top]
Registration is now open.
Early bird registration!(until November 25th). At least one author of each paper should be registered before November 25th for the paper to be accepted in the proceedings.
- Online registration will be open until January 1st 2018.
- We will also accept on site registration (cash: 250 Singapore Dollars; Banquet: SGD 30).
- Registration includes membership in the Global WordNet Association.
- As a CLASS supported event, registration is free for NTU students and staff (except for the banquet: SGD 30).
Proceedings [↑ Top]
The proceedings will be hosted by NTU, online. You will have until Feb 12 to update a revised version of your paper to easychair with up to one extra page to incorporate feedback from the conference.
Please also send your slides/posters to Takayuki Kuribayashi <email@example.com> and we will add them to the online programme and the proceedings.
Information [↑ Top]
Poster Printing [↑ Top] NEW!!
If you will not bring your poster to the Posters Session by yourself, you can ask a printing company for printing. In that case, you have to contact them and confirm your data and payment by 1:00 PM on Jan 3rd (Wed). They deliver the printed poster to NTU and we will keep it for you till Monday, the day of the session.
- Contact person: Mr. Kevin Chung (operation manager, Ultra Supplies)
- Price: 30.60 SGD + 7% GST (so that will be 32.74 SGD) per 1 piece includes lamination, matte/glossy finish for hot (2-sided lamination) or glossy finish for cold (1-sided lamination)
- Deadline for contacting: 1:00 PM SGT (5:00 AM GMT), Jan 3rd (Wed)
- Size: A0 portrait
- Make sure to inform them your poster is for GWC-2018 and CC Takayuki Kuribayashi (firstname.lastname@example.org), Wenjie Wang (email@example.com) and Francis Bond (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Conference Information [↑ Top]
January 8 – 12, 2018
The main conference will run from Monday through Friday — we are now finalizing the timetable.
The nearest bus stop is B09 Hall 8 (27209), bus route 199 <map by campus map>.
For public transportation, please see Visiting NTU (By MRT) and Visiting NTU (By Bus).
Food on Campus: there is COSMO, the NEC restaurant and bar opposite the venue or nearby Food Courts 1, 2 or 9 (good noodles).
Apart from the main conference, there are also a number of sub-events:
- Shared Task on Sense Annotation
- Special day on Wordnets and Word-Embeddings (January 11th, Thursday)
- Probably a half day workshop
- Workshop on Technology Enhanced Learning (January 12th, Friday)
- Probably a half day workshop
Programme Overview (tentative)
(as of Jan 3rd)
|Mon (08)||Tue (09)||Wed (10)||Thu (11)||Fri (12)|
Detailed Programme (tentative)
(as of Jan 3rd)
Local Information [↑ Top]
Before making your trip to the sunny island, do check out the following:
- Singapore Entry Requirements (Immigration & Checkpoints Authority, Singapore)
- Entry Visa - Visa requirements
- If you require a local contact to apply a visa for you, please email Wenjie Wang <email@example.com>
- Invitation Letter
- If you require an official invitation letter, please email Wenjie Wang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Nanyang Executive Centre Fully Booked
— closest to venue, easy commute (on foot)same as the conference venue.
Download the Reservation Form here and return it to email@example.com
- 10% discount:
- SGD 160.00 → 144.00 (single occupancy)
SGD 180.00 → 162.00 (double occupancy) / night
*10% service charge + 7% GST if payment by Cash / Credit Card / Cheque
- Participants who complete the reservations by Nov 30th, 2017
- Stays from 7 through 12 Jan, 2018 (or shorter)
- Genting Hotel Jurong Shiny New Hotel with 40 minute commute by bus and train or 10 SGD taxi ride away.
Important dates [↑ Top]
|September 20, 2017|
|October 14, 2017|
|October 29, 2017|
|Registration opens||October 15, 2017|
|November 25, 2017||for author(s) of papers to be included in the proceedings|
|Conference||January 8–12, 2018|
|Revised final version due||February 12, 2018|
More [↑ Top]
More about Global Wordnet Conferences in general.
Organising Committee [↑ Top]
Local Committee (NTU)
- Francis Bond (chair)
- Luís Morgado da Costa
- František Kratochvíl
- Takayuki Kuribayashi
- Piek Vossen (chair), VU University Amsterdam.
- Christiane Fellbaum (chair), Princeton University
- Francis Bond (chair), Nanyang Technological University
- Adam Pease, Articulate Software, San Jose, USA
- Ales Horak, Masaryk University
- Alexandre Rademaker, IBM Research Brazil and EMAp/FGV
- Antoni Oliver, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
- Bolette Pedersen, University of Copenhagen
- Corina Forăscu, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iaşi
- Dan Cristea, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iaşi
- Darja Fiser, University of Ljubljana
- Diptesh Kanojia, IIT Bombay
- Emiel van Miltenburg, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Eneko Agirre, University of the Basque Country
- Ewa Rudnicka, Wroclaw University of Technology
- Gerard de Melo, Rutgers University
- German Rigau, University of the Basque Country (EPV/EHU)
- Haldur Oim, University of Tartu
- Heili Orav, University of Tartu
- Horacio Rodriguez, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- Isahara Hitoshi, Toyohashi University of Technology
- Janos Csirik, University of Szeged
- John P. Mccrae, National University of Ireland, Galway
- Kadri Vider, University of Tartu
- Kevin Scannell, Saint Louis University
- Kyoko Kanzaki, Toyohashi University of Technology
- Maciej Piasecki, Wrocław University of Technology
- Magnini Bernardo, FBK-irst
- Marten Postma, VU University Amsterdam.
- Rada Mihalcea, University of North Texas / Oxford University
- Roxane Segers, VU University Amsterdam
- Shan Wang, The Education University of Hong Kong
- Shu-Kai Hsieh, National Taiwan Normal University
- Sonja Bosch, Department of African Languages, University of South Africa
- Ted Pedersen, University of Minnesota, Duluth
- Tim Baldwin, The University of Melbourne
- Tomaž Erjavec, Dept. of Knowledge Technologies, Jožef Stefan Institute
- Verginica Mititelu, Romanian Academy Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence
The conference and workshop are partially supported by the NTU Centre for Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS) and the Singapore MOE TRF Grant Syntactic Well-Formedness Diagnosis and Error-Based Coaching in Computer Assisted Language Learning using Machine Translation Technology. Support for students came from the Global Wordnet Association.
Call for Papers [↑ Top]
Submission (Final, camera-ready) [↑ Top]
Final submission has now closed. It was due October 29th 2017.
Contact [↑ Top]
|Luís Morgado da Costa||–||firstname.lastname@example.org|